If your Support Coordinator takes leave (expected or unexpected), the organisation should have a process to support you.
Below are some questions you can ask your Support Coordinator or their organisation about what will happen if they are not available;
- Who will be my point of contact?
- How can I get in touch with them?
- What is their role within the organisation?
- What information will they need from me?
- How often will they be in touch with me?
- What is the best way to get in touch with them if I have an issue or concern?
It is important that you feel comfortable and confident communicating with your Support Coordinator’s replacement during their leave. If you have any concerns, please do not hesitate to raise these with your Support Coordinator.