Questions to ask when choosing a Support Coordinator:
- How long have you been a Support Coordinator?
- Who have you worked for previously?
- What are the most common types of disabilities you coordinate for?
- What are some of the support/services you regularly work with?
- What relevant qualifications do you have?
- Scope of Services
- Do you have any specific services that you recommend?
- How does your organisation manage conflicts of interest between services?
- How will my personal information be protected?
- What are your working hours?
- Are you contactable outside of working hours?
- How would you describe your support coordination style?
- How do you approach support coordination?
- How do you go about understanding a new participant?
Fees and Charges:
- What services do you charge for? (For example, phone calls, emails and researching providers)
- How often do you invoice for your services?
- Do you charge for every conversation?
- Are your fee’s outlined in your service agreement?
- How often do you renew your service agreement?
- How do you keep up to date with changes in the NDIS?
- What training do you attend?
- Are you a member of any professional bodies?