Careers At Empowered
Our vision is to provide better outcomes for people with a disability. To achieve this, we’ve created a culture centred around our core values. To be a disability service provider with a consistent approach to its services, committed to the development of our clients, which promotes diversity, trust, understanding and respect.
As a Disability Support Worker, you will support people with a disability to achieve their NDIS goals in a community-based setting. We are seeking dynamic and motivated Disability Support Workers with a passion for helping people.
What Skills And Experience Do I Need?
- Effective communication and active listening skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team to achieve goals.
- Empathy, compassion, and respect for participants and teammates.
- Understanding of relevant policies, procedures, and documentation standards.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Competence in using person-centered approaches.
- Familiarity with NDIS Standards and regulations.
Essential Criteria for a Support Worker:
- Flexible availability for work – shifts will range from mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends. No overnights unless doing respite.
- NDIS Worker Screening Check.
- A valid driver’s license and comprehensive insurance
First aid certification (valid within three years).
- Working with Children Check.
- NDIS Orientation Module.
- Experience working with individuals with a mental health diagnosis is desired.